21 November 2009

I miss the clear blue skies and warm weather.

Hong Kong is disgustingly polluted and unusually cold right now.

As interesting as it can be, the incredibly fast paced lifestyle of a cosmopolitan metropolis like Hong Kong can really wear one down after awhile. It's only been a little more than 2 years and I've pretty much abandoned my initial plan to stay here for 7 years to get permanent residency. Unless, of course, by some miracle I get a ridiculously high paying job and a luxuriously overpriced apartment at the peak where pollution is less of an issue. But since that seems rather unlikely at this point, perhaps it's time to explore some alternatives. I'm thinking, Perth?

On the upside, it is the polar opposite of Hong Kong. The laid back lifestyle is a huge plus point. Not to mention, I love beaches, and Perth definitely has some good ones.

On the flipside, it could get a little boring. Truth be told, I am quite the workaholic - I do enjoy keeping myself busy.

But, we'll see.




So, unfortunately, I am still rather hung up on my trip. 4 days of nothing but solid leisure and pleasure, if you know what I mean.

But fortunately, next week is the last week of school.

Unfortunately, despite the last statement, I won't get to go home for another 4 weeks because of finals. And I have 6 of them.

But fortunately, this means I am a term away from graduation. Which also means that I need to seriously start thinking about what I want to do with my life after that. Again, I'm thinking...Perth?






No comments: