20 August 2009

Picking up an old hobby

When I was younger, and had relatively more free time on my hands, I loved working on just about any art/craft project I could get my hands on. It eventually narrowed down to just cards, photo frames, and mini albums. But recently, because I have some spare time before the start of term, I got pretty enthusiastic about working on a scrapbook for Gan and myself.

Last week, I practically raided every scrapbooking store I know within a 20 mile radius. 5 stores in 3 days, with an average of maybe 2 hours in each store. Papier at the Curve was simply amazing, I couldn't bring myself to leave. But Scrapping Ville in BSC is also definitely worth a visit if one is looking for some charming embellishments.


I decided to try out a couple of techniques that I hadn't before so I purchased some embossing powder including UTEE, embossing ink, stamps and a heat gun. Also, some Tim Holtz distress ink to create the old vintage look that I adore. Ribbons, brads, crystals. And my favourite, metal embellishments.

A few sheets of scrapping paper are, of course, essential. Really fabulous designs.




The project:


Here's what I've done so far with some plain wood letters on a piece of chipboard. Beneath it are two sheets of paper with script on it that is actually an excerpt from one of my all time favourite romance novels, Love in the Time of Cholera. I've printed it on some beige paper and plan to use it as background paper after I've distressed it.



On play: Candleburn - Dishwalla

No comments: