Sometime last week, Gan and I had our minds set on giving Rakuzen a go for lunch. Especially after Zhen raved about how good it is and Gene mentioned it's "really good ice-cream." (I was craving some ice-cream then) Much to our dissappointment, they were closed by the time we got there.
To make up for it, we decided on Kampachi, Pavillion.
The unagi uramaki deserves a solid mention. It was, in a word, delectable. The chilly bits in the rolls were simply ingenious. Complemented with a portion of tofu salad andsesame dressing, I was completely satisfied. Unfortunately, the shabu shabu left much to be desired for. The beef slices were overcooked (no we did not get to cook them ourselves) and it could have done well with a bit more spice. Quite a letdown actually.
Regardless, I am looking forward to paying another visit to try out other dishes. And of course, to indulge in the unagi uramaki.
To make up for it, we decided on Kampachi, Pavillion.
The unagi uramaki deserves a solid mention. It was, in a word, delectable. The chilly bits in the rolls were simply ingenious. Complemented with a portion of tofu salad andsesame dressing, I was completely satisfied. Unfortunately, the shabu shabu left much to be desired for. The beef slices were overcooked (no we did not get to cook them ourselves) and it could have done well with a bit more spice. Quite a letdown actually.
Regardless, I am looking forward to paying another visit to try out other dishes. And of course, to indulge in the unagi uramaki.
No comments:
Post a Comment