I have a newfound appreciation for the Starbucks on campus despite their slightly less than appealing food. My days now start with a steaming hot cup of caramel macchiato, can't properly function or focus otherwise. This coming from a person who was previously self-diagnosed with lactose intolerance (really, I just didn't like the smell of milk) and would never even think about touching anything with that much caffeine in it. Freshly squeezed juice or distilled water will do thank you very much. Or at least that was the way it used to be.
Maybe it was better that way. I started eating low-fat yoghurt quite awhile back and 3 months later, there was me... with maybe 5kgs of excess baggage. It was not the kind you could hide easily either. Staying off that stuff for good. Yoghurt is yoghurt, 99% lower in fat or otherwise. Had to cut down on my craving for cubes of cheddar cheese as well. Know what made the best snack? Cubes of white cheddar with red grapes. Seriously. But now, the only time I have white cheddar is with my avocado and shrimp salads. Dressing of choice? Lemon vinaigrette. None of that thousand island/caesar dressing stuff (which, admittedly, I used to really enjoy).
But to be completely honest, despite everything that I have just said, I really am not that weight conscious at all. I do occasionally stuff myself with a healthy dose of unhealthy food. And I don't ever hold back on the ice-cream. Baskin Robbins' mint chocolate chip is the ultimate flavour of choice, but I dare say Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra comes in a very close second (you can tell I like my caramel).
Anyway, the point really was that a daily dose of espresso and steamed milk laced with caramel is quickly becoming more a necessary stimulant and less a craving or a means to keep warm in the chilly autumn weather, regardless of the amount of calories, which - in case you were curious - is about 200 for a tall sized cup.
. . . . . .
Was checking out some of the recent Spring 2010 collections. And fell in love with these pieces from Marchesa, although I can't say the same for several other pieces in the collection. Really liking the structured look of the two piece, and the lace detail on the column is absolutely stunning.
Mary Katrantzou also caught my attention. Multicoloured dresses aren't really my thing, but I actually really liked her glass blowing inspired collection. Don't you?Anyway, much needs to be done before my little vay-kay, i.e. 3 assignments and another 2 midterms (I just had 3 last week). Professor Caverhill has also conveniently decided that the derivatives midterm is to be on the morning I arrive back in Hong Kong, so I'm thinking all study and no sleep on the plane?
Counting down the days: 10 days

No comments:
Post a Comment