Fresh from a rejuvenating rose-mint soak in the tub, I gave in to the overwhelming urge to slumber.
An hour later, the said urge proved to have been somewhat spurious and I am instead filled with a compulsion to revive my blog. Of course, this is not the first time such impulses have surfaced and this attempt at a resurgence might prove to be as futile as the last, which, I must say, was rather pathetic seeing as I had the entire summer.
Then again, summer was basically summarised into two months of internship at Deloitte; weekly Yoga and Chinese classes; Bangkok; late nights and poker sessions. Once again, 3 months went by barely unnoticed, and as summer is depressingly coming to an end, I am left with a list of 'things-to-do' that is still half unchecked. The unchecked items include finally finishing The Wealth of Nations, getting my tattoo done and updating this blog, among other things.
Sigh. What a disappointment.
. . . . .
To take my mind of things.
A new project, if you will. Turning my new place into something a little more inhabitable.
Measurements were taken and furniture purchased today. The intended decor was a rustic elegance with off white curtains and an antique looking dresser and night stand. However, a certain lush red curtain caught my attention and resistance to acquire the item proved to be pointless. No matter. Rustic opulence (oxymoron?) est chic aussi, non?
An hour later, the said urge proved to have been somewhat spurious and I am instead filled with a compulsion to revive my blog. Of course, this is not the first time such impulses have surfaced and this attempt at a resurgence might prove to be as futile as the last, which, I must say, was rather pathetic seeing as I had the entire summer.
Then again, summer was basically summarised into two months of internship at Deloitte; weekly Yoga and Chinese classes; Bangkok; late nights and poker sessions. Once again, 3 months went by barely unnoticed, and as summer is depressingly coming to an end, I am left with a list of 'things-to-do' that is still half unchecked. The unchecked items include finally finishing The Wealth of Nations, getting my tattoo done and updating this blog, among other things.
Sigh. What a disappointment.
. . . . .
To take my mind of things.
A new project, if you will. Turning my new place into something a little more inhabitable.
Measurements were taken and furniture purchased today. The intended decor was a rustic elegance with off white curtains and an antique looking dresser and night stand. However, a certain lush red curtain caught my attention and resistance to acquire the item proved to be pointless. No matter. Rustic opulence (oxymoron?) est chic aussi, non?
No comments:
Post a Comment